Edinburgh's Hogmanay is an annual three-day winter festival that opens with a torchlight procession from St Giles Cathedral on 30th December and climaxes with the Edinburgh's Hogmanay Street Party on Hogmanay where 80,000 or so revellers jam into the city centre to see in the New Year.
Edinburgh's Hogmanay Programme
- Edinburgh's Hogmanay Torchlight Procession (and Son et Lumière)
- New Year Sprint (heats)
- Candlelight concert
- Concert in the Gardens
- Hogmanay Street Party
- Hogmanay Fireworks at Midnight
- Auld Lang Syne at Hogmanay 2008/2009
- The Torchlight Procession - Hogmanay Kiss
- Fireworks on Calton Hill
- "The Longest Strip in the Willow in the World"
- Ceilidh Dancing at Edinburgh's Hogmanay
- On George Street at Edinburgh's Hogmanay
- Millennium Hogmanay Edinburgh's Hogmanay compilation
- 1,000 Bagpipers at Millennium Hogmanay Mass pipes and drums march down the Royal Mile on 30 December 1999.
- Hogmanay Street Party: £15 "admin fee"
- Concert in the Gardens: £40 for Enclosure & £35 for tickets to the Gardens
- The Keilidh: £35
- Loony Dook: £6 registration fee (incl donation to RNLI)
- Candlelight Concert: £16
N.B. Tickets are subject to booking fees.
Edinburgh's Hogmanay Box Office
Hogmanay tickets for 2011-2012 can be bought in person at The Fringe Office, Royal Mile or by telephone on 0844 573 8455.
EdinburghGuide.com carries listings of Edinburgh Accommodation in these categories: